21 December 2008

Airport

Nothing much to report today; we slept late (caught up on some sleep) and had a nice breakfast at the hotel. We were offered a complimentary tour of the Cam-Murano Glass Blowing Factory http://www.cam-murano.com/index1.html
It was pretty neat; they did a demonstration of a simple glass vase and a glass horse figurine. We then proceeded on a tour of ridiculously expensive items. One room in particular had shelves full of various styles of glasses with different techniques, designs, and colors. We strolled the room a bit and I picked up one I liked in particular; now we knew they wouldn't be "cheap" - but the one in particular I picked? $1800.... PER FLUTE. He said he'd give us a deal of 6 for $10,000 including shipping and handling - and then said "I am not here to keep them, I am here to sell them." If he thought we were going to pay $10,000 for some glasses - we have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell him.


Above: Glass Master blowing glass for the vase; kiln was 3000°F
We're now at Treviso airport waiting for our flight to Brussels, Beligum. It will be a quick night in Belgium as we are only using it as a layover before we leave for Amsterdam in the morning.
More tomorrow from Amsterdam!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm not getting that sweet flute for Christmas???

    ReplyDelete